Super Lawyers
American Association for Justice
Best Lawyers
Best Law Firms


Do You Offer a Free Consultation?

Yes. Our first consultation is free of charge.
Back to Top

I am/My Friend/Family Member is not able to Travel due to Injury. Do You Make House Calls?

Yes we do. We are happy to visit you in hospital, a rehabilitation facility, or in a home. We understand the difficulties you face when your mobility has been limited. If you need an attorney urgently we can be there as soon as possible. It is all part of our dedicated personal service.
Back to Top

How Much Time Do I Have to Start My Case?

This varies depending on the nature of your claim. In some instances, you need to notify the insurance carrier or proposed defendants within 30 days or 90 days of the accident. For this reason you should seek legal advice immediately to protect your rights.
Back to Top

I Have Been Managing My Own Case and now the Insurance Carrier has Offered to Settle. Is it too Late to get a Professional Opinion From You?

No. In fact we encourage you to get a professional opinion before you make any decision about settlement. Meet with us and we will be happy to provide our opinion. It may be that we are able to achieve a result for you far in excess of the offer the insurance carrier made you when you did not have legal representation. This has been our experience many times before.
Back to Top

I am Receiving Disability and/or Workers’ Compensation Benefits. Is it True That I am not Entitled to Additional Compensation for Pain and Suffering Because I am Already Receiving These Other Benefits

Not necessarily. You may be entitled to pain and suffering compensation as well as disability pay or workers’ compensation. You should seek out the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney to obtain a professional opinion.
Back to Top

I don’t Want to go to Court. Can I Settle My Case out of Court?

At O’Hare Parnagian LLP our New York personal injury attorneys will represent you vigorously, guide you through the process and give you thorough and sound advice throughout your whole case. From the very beginning we prepare your case as if it will go to trial. By preparing your case in this way you can be confident that if you want to go to court, you can, or if you decide to settle your case, the defendant will know that you are prepared to go to court if you need to which may help you to achieve a better result. Decisions about your case are yours to make, and we will make sure you have the right advice and the information you need to make those decisions.
Back to Top

I can’t Afford to pay an Attorney Upfront. What can I do?

You do not need to pay your attorney upfront. We offer a contingency fee retainer to our clients, which means that you only pay us at the end of the case, once you receive your compensation. If you do not recover anything you do not owe us any fee.
Back to Top

What is a Contingency Fee?

A contingency fee is a sum of money that a lawyer receives as a fee only if the case is won.
Back to Top

What is the Standard Contingency Fee Charged in New York?

New York laws have established that in all but medical malpractice personal injury cases, a contingency fee of one third of the plaintiff’s verdict or settlement is fair and reasonable and the maximum permitted.

In non-medical malpractice actions, O’Hare Parnagian LLP charge clients a flat fee of 33 1/3% (one third).

In medical malpractice actions, O’Hare Parnagian LLP charge clients in accordance with the sliding scale set by the New York State Judiciary Law which is 30% of $1.00 to $250,000.00; plus 25% of $250,000.00 to $500,000.00; plus 20% of $500,000. 00 to $1,000,000.00; plus 15% of $1,000,000.00 to $1,250,000.00; plus 10% of recovery above $1,250,000.00.

Back to Top

Will I be Able to Read Something About the Contingency Fee You Will Charge?

Yes, New York law requires that attorney and client enter into a written retainer agreement in all contingency fee cases. This agreement is the "contract" between you and your attorney so make sure you read it and understand it.
Back to Top

I am not Happy With My Current Law Firm and I Want to Change. Can I Come to You for a Second Opinion?

Yes. We offer our first consultation free of charge. When we meet we will make an assessment of your case and let you know if we are prepared to take it on and the process for changing firms.
Back to Top

Do You Accept Referrals From Other Law Firms?

Yes. We accept referrals from other law firms, including interstate and international referrals for personal injury and medical malpractice cases.
Back to Top

Contact Us

  1. 1 Personal Service
  2. 2 First Class Legal Representation
  3. 3 Initial Consultation at No Charge
Fill out the contact form or call us at (212) 425-1401 or (914) 725-3632 to schedule your consultation.