Slip, Trip & Fall

The consequences of slip, trip or fall can be devastating, often resulting in serious injuries including bone fractures, traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal injuries, amputation, or wrongful death. If a loved one dies or if you sustain injury in a slip, trip or fall on public or private property in New York, you may be entitled to financial damages to compensate you for your injuries. To succeed in a slip, trip or fall claim against a public authority, owner, or occupier, you will need experienced attorneys to prove that the injury arose due to their negligence and breach of duty of care.

At O’Hare Parnagian LLP we know what you are going through and we can help you. We have extensive experience representing people who have been injured in slip, trip and fall accidents in New York. Making a claim against a village, city, land owner or occupier is complex and early investigation and gathering of information is critical. We will thoroughly investigate your claim, build the strongest case possible, and hold all responsible parties accountable for your injuries or the wrongful death of your loved one.

Examples of claims include:

  • Slip, Trip & Fall on sidewalks and on potholes (for injuries sustained on roads, sidewalks and other pedestrian access areas owned or occupied by municipalities, such as a villages and the city, special conditions apply)
  • Defective stairs and steps including hand rails
  • Spills and clutter in supermarket aisles
  • Inadequate lighting
  • Carpet wear and tear
  • Spills, slippery and wet floors
  • design and construction,
  • Balcony collapse
  • Claims against towns, cities, municipalities, and government departments
  • Tenant claims against landlords for unsafe premises

Because the law limits the time in which you can bring a claim, you should contact us immediately to investigate your case. Sometimes filings must be made within 90 days of the injury.

Call us at (212) 425-1401, or contact us online to set up a consultation to discuss your legal options. One of our attorneys will respond to you within 24 hours.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Personal Service
  2. 2 First Class Legal Representation
  3. 3 Initial Consultation at No Charge
Fill out the contact form or call us at (212) 425-1401 or (914) 725-3632 to schedule your consultation.